Wednesday, August 15, 2007

OG 11 Numbers

One of the advantages that the GMAX course has that it has neatly sorted out all the problems in the OG according to the subject. So rather than sitting and attacking the first 40Questions, I just marked off those that were from Numbers and solved those. While the intention was to try and finish them in under 80mins, I finished them in under an hour. No am no genius just that the questions were really easy. Wait till I hit Algebra or Geometry, 80mins is NOT going to be sufficient :-D

All right, before you think anything about how amazing i am at maths, know that I got 7 Qs wrong giving me an appros hit rate of 80% (82.5% to be precise). Out of the 7, there was only 1Q i didnt know (Q215 which is a Median Q). The rest were sheer carelessness. I mean, had I spent more than the 45seconds i did, I would have surely gotten them right. I keep lecturing a student of mine not to be careless but God help me if she ever found out i was so careless myself.

I was annoyed at the end of it. 39Correct was there for the taking!

Another thing that I did was use the GMATScratchpad i got. The annoying thing with this is that the ink will every once in a while rub onto your hand, you can't chew the pen ( i mean i'll chew mine but at the Center? Ugh NO!) and the ink dries up pretty fast if you keep it uncapped for long. Something to get used to i suppose.

No comments: