Monday, December 31, 2007

R2->R3?

That is the question currently plaguing me. Do I meet the R2 deadline for Ross and submit on Jan 3rd or do i go to R3?
As an Indian applicant(perhaps even otherwise) the wisest thing for me would have been to get in my application by the R2 deadline. On the other hand, shouldnt you always get in your best application irrespective of the round it goes in? Then again, R3 is "supposedly" only for the really strong candidates.

To the one person who reads this blog, what do you say??

:'(

5 comments:

Achilles said...

I think being an indian applicant its always advisable to go in for R2 rather than R3 whatever may the adcom say.
Also, once you start thinking on those line you will surely postpone your app to R3. So push in some time and go for R2 dude.

All the best

RunningTurtle said...

Go for R2. My Ross app is due on Jan 3rd.

Unknown said...

Round 2 all the way! You can do it! :-)

JulyDream said...

Go for round 2... and not because you're an Indian applicant. If on January 3rd you feel that your application could be SIGNIFICANTLY improved by delaying, then do so. It's not that you just have to be a strong applicant in round 3, the problem is most of the spots have already been taken by round 1 or 2 applicants and the adcom is trying to complete the jigsaw puzzle.

I wrote 3 essays in 4 days, I have faith that you're further along than I was... GOOD LUCK!

Neo2000 said...

Thanks you guys and girls, your words are a real shot in the arm! Though as RunningTurtle poined out, you go to b-achool only once and Ross is my Dream School. Dont know if i want to risk messing it up.

Altertnately, Paige pointed out something interesting. Unless i feel that my essay is going to significantly improve, there's no point in skipping my deadline. SO i'll work towards that deadline.

Now all that's left is to push my recommenders for the same :D