Monday, March 3, 2008

TOEFL disaster

BU is the only college that wanted a TOEFL score. Of course, given my doctorate in procrastination i had to book a date AFTER the decision date of BU. So on a fine saturday morning i turn up at the center, wait as the minutes tick by and wonder when i'm ever going to give the exam. Only to be told a goodish 30mins later that the exam is cancelled since the internet is down!

Damn!

ETS shedules a date for me on the following sunday. Its only when i get a reminder mail fm BU do i remember that i havent mailed them about my TOEFL disaster. A frantic mail editing(thanks Kunal)later, BU gets updated.

Once again my degree in procrastination comes in handy. Its only the friday before the exam, and in a chat with kunal, do i realise that i'm not getting any probable score and that i have to wait till ETS releases the score. Which, after a quick check, is 2weeks.

8days are now over since i gave my TOEFL. Havent heard a word from BU and am petrified of contacting them since i hear that they are handing out dings. Praying that the TOEFL score is good enough.

p.s. Did i mention i got really bored during the TOEFL exam? I couldnt believe how boring and long it was. Lets just hope i havent messed up the exam totally.

For those interested, i browsed the PR for TOEFL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOEFL takes around 3 weeks to send the scores to the school. They mention 15 working days and I got my score after 3 weeks.

Neo2000 said...

Yeah I checked it out today wondering when i would get my score and see that i've missed the crucial "business" days. So that's another week of waiting.

I wonder how much more patience BU is going to show me :(